ANUGA Review – Eurofins Firewall Seminar
Rice Conference and Firewall Seminar: Here You Will Find the Presentations of the Lectures for Download.
Oct 2019. From 5 to 9 October 2019 the 100th ANUGA with exhibitors from all over the world took place in Cologne. Eurofins looks back on five successful trade fair days and thanks all booth visitors for their interest and good feedback. Special highlights this year were our Eurofins events, the Eurofins Firewall Seminar and the 4th Eurofins Rice Conference. Due to the great interest we have compiled presentations of the lectures for you and make them available for download here.
- The Eurofins Firewall Seminar - Lectures on the Components of the Firewall
- 4th Eurofins Rice Conference at ANUGA 2019 - All Lectures
The Eurofins Firewall Seminar
Jo Riehle speaks at the Eurofins Firewall Seminar at ANUGA 2019
At which points in the value chain is your product exposed to security risks and how can you protect yourself against them? This question was the subject of many customer meetings between visitors and our experts at our booth at Anuga 2019. And it was this question that was the recurring theme of our Eurofins Firewall Seminar. In exciting presentations, the speakers provided information about analytical solutions with which you can ensure the quality of your food. They form the components of the Eurofins Firewall.
Lectures on the Components of the Firewall:
- Eurofins Firewall – Our Tool to Improve Your Risk Management
- Upcoming Issues: Changes and Amendments in Food Safety Management Standards
- Authenticity: Honey – natural or artificial?
Dr. Kurt-Peter Raezke
- Microbiology: The Integration of Molecular and Genomic Typing into European Surveillance
- GMO: Update on essential Topics for the Food and Feed Sector
- Transport: High Risk at Goods Receipt - How to Identify Possible Gaps along Your Supply Chain
- Contaminants: MOSH/MOAH - Update on the new EU-Commission Guideline for the Monitoring Programme
4th Eurofins Rice Conference at ANUGA 2019
Werner Nader at the 4th Eurofins Rice Conference at ANUGA 2019
The Eurofins Rice Conference has become an institution in the conference program of the ANUGA, the world’s largest trade fair for food and beverages. This year the event attracted again numerous participants from industry and trade dealing with the most important staple food of mankind. Current and future challenges were addressed in 6 lectures.
Topics of the Rice Conference
The issue of sustainability gets increasingly important in the context of climate change, environmental problems and social tensions and was the main topic of the first three lectures by our guest speakers from Indonesia, Cambodia and Pakistan. The last three lectures from Eurofins were related to innovations in laboratory analysis to solve further challenges. The diversity of national food legislations is causing trade barriers in the global rice supply chain, especially with respect to the maximum residue limits for pesticides. Eurofins provides here the necessary advice to its customers in addition to its analytical services. Higher prices can be achieved at the market with new premium rice with special sensory and cooking properties. Eurofins has developed special DNA fingerprinting methods to identify these varieties and prove their authenticity. The CRISP/Cas9 technology allows the edition of genes and genetically modified organisms, GMOs, of the next-generation will be soon cultivated in agriculture. Our laboratories are now challenged to identify and detect these GMOs.
We say thank you!
We would like to thank all our customers and visitors who again took part in our Anuga Rice Conference this year and for their valuable contributions during the lively discussion. Special thanks are due to our speakers, Mrs. Astari Widya Dharma from the Sustainable Rice Platform, SRP, Mr. Saran Song, president of the Cambodian Rice Federation and CEO of AMRU Rice and Mr. Samee Ullah, representing the Rice Exporters Association of Pakistan, REAP, and CEO of Atlas Foods, for taking their time and for making their significant contributions to a successful event.
Lectures of the 4th Eurofins Rice Conference:
- 4th ANUGA Rice Conference - Introduction
Dr Werner Nader
- The Sustainable Rice Platform, SRP
- Farming of Rice in Cambodia – authentic, sustainable and organic
- Organic and Sustainable Rice Production in Pakistan
- DNA Fingerprinting in Food Forensics – the Basmati and Jasmin Rice Cases
- Tricyclazole, Buprofezin & Co. – what comes next with 0.01?
Lena El Sayed
- Securing the Rice Supply Chain Globally – Challenges by diverse Food Legislations and how to master them
Dr Werner Nader