Analysis of Organic Contaminants
Organic contaminants are undesirable, harmful substances, which are found at trace level in foodstuffs. They are not present in food due to a deliberate action, but find their way into it through contact with air, water or soil, enter it during the manufacturing process or are generated during manufacturing as process contaminants (e.g. acrylamide or 3-monochloropropane-1,2-diol (3-MCPD)).
Is your product toxicologically safe and in compliance with all legal requirements?
The Centre of Competence for the Analysis of Organic Contaminants within the global Eurofins Group, offers the examination of a large number of organic contaminants of anthropogenic origin as well as process contaminants, in a great variety of food and feed.
Legal Bases and Guidelines
- Commission Regulation (EC) No 1881/2006 (contaminants in foodstuffs)
- Regulation (EC) No 1935/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council (materials and articles intended to come into contact with food)
- Commission Regulation (EU) No 10/2011 (plastic materials and articles intended to come into contact with food)
- Commission Regulation (EC) No 1895/2005 (use of certain epoxy derivatives in materials and articles intended to come into contact with food)
- 2013/647/EU: Commission Recommendation (recommendation on investigations of acrylamide)
- 2014/661/EU: Commission Recommendation (recommendation on the monitoring of 2 and 3-MCPD, 2- and 3-MCPD fatty acid esters and glycidyl fatty acid esters)
- Commission Decision
- Kontaminanten-Verordnung (KmV) (German)
- Technische Hilfsstoff-Verordnung (THV) (German)
Membership and Approvals of Individual Eurofins Laboratories(*)
- German Coffee Association, Working group quality assurance
- Waren-Verein der Hamburger Börse e.V.
- Comité Européen de Normalisation (CEN), CEN/TC 275 WG 13, Process contamination
Flyer and Brochures
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH)
- 3-MCPD and related compounds
- Migration of Plasticizers into Food
Other Interesting Pages
Dioxins Furans PCBs
Oils and Fats
Spices and Flavours
EOL-Eurofins Online Service
|All Analyses||All Industries||All Other Services|
(*)Find more details about memberships of our individual laboratories at www.eurofins.de/food-analysis/laboratories