Analysis of Oils and Fats
Oil-bearing plants belong to men's oldest groups of cultivated crops because their oils are of highly nutritional value. The combination of new sources, modern production techniques and the introduction of various mixed products resulted in an extraordinary variety of nutritional oils and fats (refined, cold-pressed, virgin) that we can freely choose from in our daily life. In order to analyse and evaluate oils (like marketability, specifications, headnotes, NGOs) it is of utter importance to have specific knowledge about their specifications as well as their composition and characteristics. On top of that it is inevitable to be up to date in every of the complex analytical techniques. Our established contacts to producers, retailers, science and research and the cooperation in their committees, organisations and panels gives us the advantage of having the newest level of information.
Legal Bases and Guidelines
- Leitsätze des Deutschen Lebensmittelbuches für Speisefette und Speiseöle (German)
- Codex Alimentarius for edible fats and oils
Membership and Approvals of Individual Eurofins Laboratories(*)
- American Oil Chemists' Society (AOCS)
- DGF Deutsche Gesellschaft für Fettforschung, German Federal Institute for Grain-, Potato- and Fat Research
- Deutsche Landwirtschaftliche Gesellschaft (DLG) e.V.
- Euro Fed Lipid e.V.
- Federation of Oils, Seeds and Fats Associations Ltd (FOSFA)
- German Association of Wholesale Traders in Oils, Fats and Oil Raw Materials (GROFOR)
Other Interesting Pages
Nuts and Dried Fruits
|All Analyses||All Industries|
(*)Find more details about memberships of our individual laboratories at www.eurofins.de/food-analysis/laboratories