Analysis of Fish and Aquaculture
As consumers' health consciousness increases, the popularity of fish, seafood and other aquaculture products such as algae is on the rise. These products deliver valuable nutrients such as high quality, easily digestible protein, essential and healthy fatty acids (omega-3 fatty acids), valuable vitamins and minerals, particularly iodine.
The global fish production has steadily increased in the recent years. While the production of fish and seafood through wild catches remains relatively constant, the rising demand for fish is mostly covered by growth in aquaculture. The yearly growth rate is about 6 %.
In order to ensure the quality and safety of fish and aquaculture products, Eurofins has merged the relevant analytical expertise into our laboratory of excellence for fish and aquaculture products. Take advantage of this opportunity to control the quality and safety of your products.
Legal Bases and Guidelines
- Regulation (EC) No 2406/96 (common marketing standards for certain fishery products)
- Regulation (EEC) No 2136/89 (marketing standards for canned fish)
- Regulation (EU) No 1379/2013 (common organisation of the markets in fishery and aquaculture products)
- Regulation (EC) No 2073/2005 (microbiological criteria for foodstuffs)
- Regulation (EC) No 853/2004 (hygiene rules for food of animal origin)
- Regulation (EU) No 37/2010 (veterinary drugs in foodstuffs of animal origin)
- Regulation (EC) No 470/2009 (residue limits for veterinary drug residues)
- Regulation (EC) No 1881/2006 (contaminants in foodstuffs)
- Rückstands-Höchstmengenverordnung (RHmV) (German)
- Tierische Lebensmittel-Hygieneverordnung (Tier-LMHV) (German)
- Leitsätze für Fische, Krebs- und Weichtiere und Erzeugnisse daraus (German)
Membership and Approvals of Individual Eurofins Laboratories(*)
- Gesellschaft Deutscher Chemiker (GDCh), Lebensmittelchemische Gesellschaft (LChG), "Arbeitsgruppe Tierarzneimittelrückstände"
- Gesellschaft Deutscher Chemiker (GDCh), Lebensmittelchemische Gesellschaft (LChG), "Arbeitsgruppe Fisch und Fischerzeugnisse"
Other Interesting Pages
Veterinary Drug Residues
Dioxins Furans PCBs
EOL-Eurofins Online Service
|All Analyses||All Other Services|
(*)Find more details about memberships of our individual laboratories at www.eurofins.de/food-analysis/laboratories