Analysis of Eggs and Poultry
Poultry and poultry products are gaining popularity. About one third of globally produced meat products are poultry. The global production of eggs has also steadily grown in recent years.
This growing market and the fact that eggs and poultry are easily perishable, lead to an increase in demand for analyses of egg and poultry products. Eggs and poultry may exhibit microbial contamination or veterinary drug residues. Other residues and contaminants, such as dioxins, PCBs, pesticides, heavy metals or mycotoxins can also find their way to eggs and poultry, e.g. through animal feed.
Eurofins has merged the relevant analytical expertise into our laboratory of excellence for egg and poultry. Take advantage of this opportunity to control the quality and safety of your products.
Legal Bases and Guidelines
- Commission Regulation (EC) No 2073/2005 (consolidated text) (microbiological criteria for foodstuffs)
- Regulation (EC) No 853/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council (hygiene rules for food of animal origin)
- Commission Regulation (EU) No 37/2010 (veterinary drugs in foodstuffs of animal origin)
- Regulation (EC) No 470/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council (residue limits for veterinary drug residues)
- Tierische Lebensmittel-Hygieneverordnung (Tier-LMHV) (German)
- Leitsätze für Fleisch und Fleischerzeugnisse (German)
Membership and Approvals of Individual Eurofins Laboratories(*)
- Federal Office of Consumer Protection and Food Safety (BVL), working group §64 LFGB Veterinary drug residues in food
- Gesellschaft Deutscher Chemiker (GDCh), Lebensmittelchemische Gesellschaft (LChG), "Arbeitsgruppe Tierarzneimittelrückstände"
Other Interesting Pages
Dioxins Furans PCBs
Veterinary Drug Residues
EOL-Eurofins Online Service
|All Analyses||All Other Services|
(*)Find more details about memberships of our individual laboratories at www.eurofins.de/food-analysis/laboratories